7 tips to create perfect social media posts & tools that help you get your work done in no time
1. Tailor your social media posts for each network
- Adapt your comment to the number of characters allowed on each platform. Take a look at the number of characters displayed in the preview to make your meaning come through.
- Make sure your images correspond to the images sizes the networks provide. Consider adapting your images to create specific images for Pinterest and Instagram to make sure your message will be presented in the best way to fit these platforms.
- Share your posts to your social media profiles and pages with different comments for your message that will hit the language use of the respective community and focusses on their topics and interests.
- Share your posts on different days and at different times of the days. Networks and communities have specific rush hours for traffic and engagement.
- You can also share your post in relevant groups and communities on Facebook and LinkedIn but share them on different days and times and use different messages tailored to each group and audience. Make sure to follow the community rules of each group and only share content that will benefit the audience of the respective group.
2. Content is still king
- Share content that hits the interests of your target audience.
- Create and share tips to make your customers’ lives easier.
- Share content that will make your readers remember you as a useful resource for valuable information on your topic.
- Provide tips, strategies, how-to articles or entertaining content for your specific audience and topic.
Tools to help you to find top-performing content for your social media posts:
3. Create multiple visuals for your content
Tools to help to create visuals for your social media posts:
- Canva helps you to create visuals and infographics super fast and easy. Canva offers a huge variety of templates, layouts, photos and icons you can use to create professional-looking images.
- With the Internet Marketing Ninjas Tool you can resize your images for each social network quite easily.
4. Use hashtags in your social media posts
- Use hashtags only on posts relevant to the topic. Using mismatched hashtags just for getting attention, won’t do you any favors since people easily get annoyed if they don’t find what they are looking for.
- Only use relevant keywords and phrases for typical search words on your topics.
- Don’t #spam #with #hashtags. Over-tagging a single post or adding them to every word will make your post illegible.
Tools to help you find the right hashtags for your posts and communities
5. Harness the power of emojis for your social media posts
- Make sure your emojis make sense to complement your message. Don’t jump on the emojis bandwagon just to have them.
- There are so many emojis around and some of them can be easily misinterpreted. Only use emojis that will be understood by your followers. Always make sure the meaning is clear.
- Stick with your brand messaging. Don’t blow kisses to your audience for promoting a serious business service.
Tools to help you harness Emoji power for your social media posts:
6. Choose the right post format for your social media posts
Tools to help you with selecting the best post format for your social media posts:
- Check out Blog2Social for selecting different post formats for sharing, tailoring and scheduling your social media posts across multiple social media networks and accounts.
7. Share your social media posts at the best times for each social network and community
Tools to help you schedule your social media posts
- Blog2Social and Buffer help you tailoring and scheduling your posts with a pre-configured best time manager to automatically share them at the best times for each network.