If you’re looking to get your work featured on my website, you’ve come to the right spot ;-)
Thanks for your interest in blogging here at NealSchaffer.com, the home of uniquely insightful and actionable digital and social media marketing advice for corporate marketers, entrepreneurs, and business owners.
First of all, let me just say that I have been welcoming guest bloggers on my website since 2009 and truly enjoy collaborating with other content creators and influencers. As the author of the definitive book on influencer marketing, The Age of Influence, I deeply understand the value that you possess as a content creator.
With that in mind, please continue to read if you are interested in contributing to my site.
First of all, if you are interested in applying you must do so as an individual, not a company. This should go without saying!
Furthermore, please be aware that you must be an expert in the digital and social media marketing space to be considered as a blogger for my website. My audience is well beyond the “What is social media marketing?” type of elementary content. And because I only publish the highest quality thought leadership content, I will need you to provide me links to published examples of your writing as part of the application process.
How to Apply to Blog at NealSchaffer.com
You can apply to become a blogger for NealSchaffer.com by clicking here to submit your application form and pitch. When you apply you will also be creating your byline including one link back to your company that will appear at the bottom of your blog post. After you have successfully published 3 blog posts, an author bio box like my own will be added at the bottom of all of your posts.
What Pitches Get Approved
- You completely fill out the application form with relevant information
- Your content is relevant to my site and exhibits industry-leading expertise
- You have done your research in a targeted keyword that has actual search volume
- You already show interest in my site through linking to it, engaging with me in social media, etc.
Once I approve of your pitch the next step will be for you to submit an article – you must be approved through use of the above form; otherwise your submission will be ignored. Please take note of the following when submitting your posts – you will be checking a box to agree to these when submitting your post: (note these guidelines are regularly updated so make sure you review them before submitting your pitch)
NealSchaffer.com Blogging Guidelines
- All posts are to be submitted as a Google document.
- All posts must be at least 2,000 words long.
- All posts must be original content not published anywhere else.
- All posts must be Copyscape-tested plagiarism-free.
- A proposed meta-title and meta-description must also be provided together with the article.
- All articles must be optimized around a target keyword, which should also be noted in the document. Please make sure that there is actual search demand for your target keyword before submitting.
- All articles must include at least 2 links to other NealSchaffer.com blog posts.
- You are free to add external links per post, but I reserve the right to edit anchor text in case of competing with keywords on my site and/or remove the links outright if they do not offer value to the reader. With this in mind, unless an external link is absolutely vital for a reader to understand your article, please don’t include it in your blog.
- No links to casino/gambling, CBD, porno, et. al. sites.
- No links using a personal / brand / company name as an anchor text.
- Posts should include, wherever possible, bullets points, number lists, and subheadings to help the reader and search engines more easily digest your content when possible. In a similar light, please make sure you that you break up paragraphs that are longer than 5-6 lines in Word.
- Images/infographics/gifs/videos are critical for a reader to understand your article. That being said, please make sure any images used are either original or eligible for commercial use under a royalty-free license from sites such as Unsplash. Please include a source link to any third-party images uploaded to the site. Images of unclear origin or that violate copyright law will be removed prior to publication. Do make sure to add all images in a separate folder when sending your Word document.
NealSchaffer.com Blogger Partnership Agreement
I only accept content creators who abide by the spirit of collaboration in selecting pitches to approve. With that in mind, all bloggers submitting to this site automatically agree to the partnership agreement that I will host and promote your content as if it was my own for at least 12 months after publication, the better the content performs the longer I will keep it after 12 months. In return I require from the blogger at least one link from your site to mine and at least two social posts in total promoting your contributed post with myself tagged. Should bloggers not confirm in this way, no future content from them will be hosted by myself.
Thanks again for your interest in blogging at NealSchaffer.com and I look forward to seeing your pitch!