If you have been plugging away at social, creating content and doing it all organically, it may be the case that you still aren’t seeing any traction. This week, I’m giving you six ideas for getting your social media off the ground by describing one of my pre-sales social media consulting calls. From clarifying your message, to trying something new like affiliate marketing or paid social, this week is all about leveraging those aspects of social that you may have been avoiding.
Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | RSS
In This Episode:
- Sometimes the answer you’re looking for regarding growth isn’t in social media
- Startups who are doing social media organically sometimes struggle and aren’t getting any traction – they know that social media is good for social proof, but also know the danger of buying their followers
- It’s better to have a small army of passionate, engaged, vocal fans than a large army of crickets
- There’s a lot of noise on social media, so what can you do to make yourself heard and acquire more followers? Let’s start with these 6 tips:
- 1: Clarify your message
- Take a step back: What is your business model? What are you trying to sell? How are you going to monetize the traffic from social media?
- Your website needs to be very clear in defining services, because that’s where social media is sending people
- A lot of startups and companies that are new to social struggle – the team is so close to the product that they don’t think about setting up their website for success
- 2: If you’re a small business, try affiliate marketing
- You can be successful on social media, whether you’re an army of one or of a hundred
- Big companies can start an employee advocacy program, marketing teams can share each others’ messages, sales teams can create a social selling program
- But what about small start ups? Try affiliate marketing: providing commission for sales done by like-minded people such as bloggers or influencers
- 3: Email marketing
- Build an email list, create a mind share
- One of the main things people do on their computer is read emails! They’re guaranteed to see yours
- Try giving them a tip a day or a week
- 4: Start that blog
- How is Google going to find your website if you only have a few pages?
- A timely, relevant blog gives you a voice to share on social media, something for people to link back to, and more content to help Google index you
- 5: Leverage the visual
- You have to figure out a way to include visuals in your strategy!
- Yes, you need a text component for Google, but people are simply more attracted to visual
- 6: Paid social
- This is the biggest no brainer in social marketing
- $5, $10, $20 can really help you generate results
- It’ll help you get heard!
- 1: Clarify your message
Resources & Links:
- Leverage the visual with these tips for visual marketing on various platforms.
- Blogging strengthens your social media influence.
- Visual is an important aspect of your social media marketing!
- How to recycle old content for both social media and email marketing.
- Psychological triggers in email marketing for social media.
Check Out All of My Podcasts!
Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get my latest content by email as soon as I publish it.