Today I’m in Boston at the offices of GaggleAMP with CEO and Founder Glenn Gaudet. GaggleAMP is an employee advocacy platform that allows you to take the social media marketing activities that you’re already doing and amplify that by leveraging your employees and other stakeholders, and allowing them to easily be part of your online marketing activities in a safe environment. Listen in to hear me and Glenn talk about starting GaggleAMP and how you can leverage your social employees.
Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | RSS
In This Episode:
- The primary use of GaggleAMP, though it can be used for brand advocates, is for employee advocacy
- How Glen came up with the idea for GaggleAMP at an interview with a tech company in 2010
- The idea was to have a platform that made it easy for the employee to share the content while maintaining their privacy while also providing rich tracking information for the company
- The value of having a marketing background when he started GaggleAMP
- How the market has evolved over the last four years
- When he started GaggleAMP, there weren’t as many companies with a dedicated full time social media employee, but then slowly, they saw the number of those positions grow
- People now are more understanding how social media fits into the bigger marketing picture
- GaggleAMP amplifies what you’re already doing, so they want to work with people who already are active on social and who are ready to take it to the next level
- Employee advocacy is like icing on the cake: you’re already doing these branded activities, and yes it does take a little more work, but it allows companies to scale their amplification in an organic way
- Why you have to understand that not all of your employees are going to be social media experts
- Why someone internally has to take the lead of employee advocacy programs, and how they can overcome push back: you have to manage expectations and get feedback
- It’s important to understand people’s roles within the organization, and how active they want to be in doing more social media marketing
- Why you may have to refocus your content because you’ll be reaching a different audience; for example, maybe lead with a quote from a blog post instead of the title
Resources & Links:
- Read more about GaggleAMP
- Download a copy of my ebook all about employee advocacy
- 4 reasons why employee advocacy should begin on Linkedin.
- Read about the evolution of employee advocacy.
- Wondering what the ROI of employee advocacy is? Start here.