You all know that using social media is a great way to market your company. Since you’re competing in the market for everyone’s attention, you need to engage with your customers or potential clients in a better way than others do. There are many ways you can go about this, but quizzes have proven to be a unique yet effective way to create attention and gather engagement your brand. Fortunately, a quiz creator can help you effectively implement on the social media quiz advice the follows.
Though they come across as being silly in a way, social media quizzes are a catchy and easier way to market your company. The right quiz content could potentially see your posts going viral, implying more leads being sent your way and a greater audience for you. To make the most out of social media quizzes, whether you build them from scratch or are using a quiz creator, we have some recommendations for you to maximize their potential.
A Guide for Creating Social Media Quizzes
Below is a step by step guide on how to creatively come up with something that is more engaging and attractive to social media users.
Select an appropriate title as well as quiz type
The first thing that will attract others to your quiz will be the title that you settle on. It will pay off if you come up with something catchy and attractive. A title that arouses some desirable level of curiosity is what would do the trick. Your choice of words ought to be impeccable for you to make many social media users to be interested to read on or try out your quiz.
We recommend the inclusion of words such as ‘actually’ in your titles. Just a single word could mean the difference between users ignoring your post or them taking a second look at your quiz title. For instance there is a huge difference between these two statements: ‘how much do you know about yourself?’ And ‘how much do you actually know about yourself?’ It is clear that such words put more emphasis or rather stimulate one to pay more attention to the post.
You could also try to personalize the title. This creates the impression that the quiz will reveal more about the person and thus get them to be more excited about it. The other way to go about this is to use attributes that are synonymous to popular superstars that many would relate to.
The Quiz types: you have the option of adopting are either the personality quiz or the knowledge test quiz. The former is centered on revealing much about a person and it mainly focuses on the attributes that make people unique. As you might ask yourself, who is not interested in discovery something real and exciting about them. The answers could be tailored to direct or recommend some complementary products or services that fit the said personalities.
The knowledge test is focused on hard facts about a product or service or the domain that your company is based on. This type of quizzes will help you to ascertain the level of knowledge that your target audience has with regards to your company and the products or services that you offer.
Come up with enticing and highly engaging questions
Having picked a suitable title and decided on the type of quiz that you will use, the rubber meets the road on the specific kind of questions that you will choose. Your questions need to be exciting, engaging and entertaining at the same time. This social quiz guide advises on the use of the following to ensure that you get it right on the questions:
- Try to be as personally engaging as possible; making your social media quiz lively will be best accomplished by ensuring that the audience feels like it is a real time Q&A session. This kind of setting is more relaxing and it makes the whole exercise to be more realistic and catchy.
- Incorporate images to spice things up; generally speaking, text is boring. Images are a crucial tool for making the quiz more lively and entertaining. If you pick appropriate and complementary images to your quizzes many people will be interested and more engaged.
- Observe brevity while crafting your questions; you need to factor in the time that people spend on a single post while on social media, roughly about 5 minutes. In order to fit in this matrix, you’ll need to create a quiz that is as brief as possible. We recommend that you come up with about 6 to 8 questions that could be answered without much hustle.
- Create a Lead Capture to increase your contact list
The sole reason behind you engaging in social media marketing is to work on your lead generation capabilities. That’s why you need to work on a plan that will enable you to get contact information from participants in your quiz on the social media platforms. This route is fraught with its own share of challenges and it is advisable that you make such a section optional. There are some clever ways that you can, however, increase your opt-in rate, including:
- Using incentives; trading something for you to get their contact information could be a great way of capturing most of your prospective clients. Incentives could be in the form of free giveaways of your products or you could alternatively offer free e-books relating to your company to people who leave you with their contact information.
- Seek information that will be of practical use to you; the bottom line in lead generation is asking for information that you will eventually use. Don’t request information that will lie idle from those you manage to engage in your social media quizzes. The most crucial piece of information is the email address followed by the inclusion of a first and even last name.
- Come clean on your marketing strategy; honesty is a virtue that most people appreciate and your target audience is no exception. While social media quizzes are used to create awareness about your brand, it will be additionally important to admit that you are also trying to use them as a marketing platform. To avoid filling the spam list of most of the contacts you will collect, mentioning that you will soon be getting in touch with them is both polite and sets expectations that will help your email marketing become more effective.
Ensure that the results can be shared on social media
This is a significant part of your social media quiz that should follow the lead capture section and hopefully becomes what your quiz takers will be looking forward to do. The way you relay the results of those that take the quiz is critical, so take the time to plan to get it right.
Our social media quiz guide recommends that you approach this through one of the following ways:
- Try being honest but positive on the results; compliments on the audience you are dealing with will be appreciated and they can be uplifting. The incorporation of positive emotions will prompt many to share their results. See to it that you are honest and truthful unless you are out to create further debate.
- Make use of images that are catchy in relaying your results; whether it is the background setting, or as part of the result, using images usually does the trick. Since other people will have access to such images after the results are shared, they should evoke emotions in whomever comes into contact with them. You can create lots of attention to your social media quiz by settling on the best images, images which people can relate to and be moved to share with other social media users.
- Incorporate a call-to-action plea in your quiz; this kind of spells the way forward after engaging with your audience on the social media quiz. In this guide for quiz creators we recommend call-to-actions as you could direct them to your website to further promote your brand. This is in order since the sole goal of creating the social media quiz is to be part of your social media marketing efforts.
A Recap on how to Create a Suitable Social Media Quiz
This guide for creating a quiz is aimed at aiding you to come up with the best social media quiz to help you reach whatever social media marketing objective you might have. You need to pay particular attention to your title and craft questions that are quite engaging but brief. Incorporation of images will help your quiz to be engaging and the lead capture section can give you a chance to expand your contact list. Remember to relay your results in a way that is attractive for many social media users to share the post. I hope this article was helpful to you. If you have something to add, please leave a comment!
The publication of this post has been made possible through the generosity of one of our sponsors but all opinions are strictly my own.
Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get my latest content by email as soon as I publish it.