Are you looking for Pinterest tools to help you maximize your Pinterest marketing? Look no further: Tailwind for Pinterest is the only tool you need to manage your pins!
As the Co-Founder of the Social Tools Summit, I realized that while I work with a lot of social media tools companies, I have written very reviews of which social media tools I use for my own blog and business. I hope to change that beginning with this post.
Every once in awhile I come across a social media tool that is helpful yet unknown to most. Today I’d like to personally introduce you to one such tool and how it’s helped my business on Pinterest.
We all know that Pinterest is an important social networking site. How important? It has been reported in the past to be the top referrer of social traffic to retail websites, beating out even Facebook, but also that those same Pinterest users spend twice more online than the average Internet user. In other words, Pinterest has a lucrative demographic.
Based on the above data you would think that Pinterest is only suitable for e-commerce sites, I have learned that those same users are using Pinterest as a search engine – and are looking for things well beyond the traditional things associated with Pinterest.
Once I realized that, I embarked on an ambitious Pinterest strategy but realized that the tools that exist for other platforms did not have Pinterest integrations (since then, some, like Buffer, have added some functionality). In my search and experimenting, I found one platform that was not only far superior to other Pinterest tools, but was more comprehensive in its approach than most social media tools anywhere.
That tool is called Tailwind.
Tailwind has helped me leverage Pinterest in a number of different ways, but if I was to summarize its top functionality, it would look something like this:
- The ability to schedule pins – this is crucial!
- Informing me the best time to schedule pins based on past engagement – has helped me improve engagement
- Pin Inspector: Analysis of which pins are performing well and why to help you optimize your content – critical functionality to use to maximize your Pinterest
- Profile Performance: Quick insight as to your followers growth, virality score, engagement score, and engagement rate – utilizing unique algorithms developed and tested by the Pinterest experts at Tailwind
- Boards Insights: Snapshot view of how healthy your pin engagement is on a board by board basis – extremely helpful to optimize your Pinterest marketing when you start to actively post to dozens of different Pinterest boards
- Domain Insights: Easily know how many pins are being created from your website, as well as how many impressions your pins are receiving on Pinterest, on a daily basis – the secret to understanding who is responsible for spikes of traffic you might start receiving from Pinterest
- Organic Activity from Your Domain: Understand the most pinned images, clicked pins, and engaged pins coming from your domain
- Calculate Your Exact Pinterest ROI: Through Google Analytics integration, Tailwind will give you exact information as to how your Pins have generated referral visits – and conversions (on a side note, in case you missed it, check out our recent post on how to best utilize Google Analytics for social media)
If all of the above wasn’t enough, there’s more! ;-)
Tailwind also helps you in curating content for your Pinterest account in two different ways:
1.) The Tailwind app includes a content discovery engine to help you easily find and then schedule to pin engaging content from a personalized list of websites that you determine or a search of the visual web. Tailwind also has a recommendation engine that, depending on each of your boards, will actually recommend images for you to pin on a board-by-board basis!
2.) Tailwind also has the ability to help you pin from your Instagram images. I don’t use my Instagram account for business yet, but if I did this would be a great way of easily and efficiently utilizing those same Instagram images for Pinterest.
It goes without saying that in conclusion, Tailwind is the secret weapon which helps me curate, schedule, analyze, and optimize my entire Pinterest presence. As a result of using Tailwind, Pinterest has come out of nowhere to generate the most social referral traffic to my blog on most days!
If you do end up signing up for a free trial, please share your experiences with me! I’ll be more than happy to help guide you in the best use of the tool that I can. If you’re already a user of Tailwind, do you like the tool as much as I do? If you are using other Pinterest tools, what are they and how do they compare to Tailwind?