I’ve got big news! My newest ebook is out, and it’s called Social Marketing: How to Build an Employee Advocacy Program. I co-authored this book with PeopleLinx, a platform that can help your business with social selling. I’ve been talking about this ebook for a while now, and I really think it’s the definitive book on employee advocacy.
Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | RSS
In This Episode:
- If you’re new to employee advocacy, let me tell you more about it: companies often look outside the company walls for influencers or fans or people they can get to talk about them in social media when really, some of their biggest fans are working for them inside their company
- So the idea behind employee advocacy is how do we harness the power of our employees to help our word of mouth marketing in social media
- Another part of it is how can marketers make their company stand out in the crowded social media landscape
- Employee advocacy programs often start in the marketing department
- Most strategies in social focus on the brand entity and overlook the power and the influence of the employees on social networks
- One survey said the 88% of employees already use at least one social media site for personal use and of that 88%, 50% are already posting or have posted something about their brand or company that they’ve worked at
- That is a huge word of mouth marketing opportunity, and the more employees you have and the larger their social imprint, the bigger the opportunity for your company
- Studies have found that overlap between employees’ networks and networks that follow a brand on social have very low overlap, so the potential is huge
- The ebook really starts by getting you to understand the value and the potential of an employee advocacy program
- It then goes into talking about the special benefits it has for people in sales or social selling
- If you’re in sales and you don’t have an employee advocacy program and you’ve been talking to the marketing department about creating content for you, you may want to share this ebook with your marketing team
- There’s an important section in the book on sourcing content for your employees to share, which is where a lot of companies break down
- In the book we also talk about measuring the success of your employee advocacy program and how you can know how well you’re doing
- It ends by talking about the ever evolving relationship between marketing and sales and the evolving relationship between social selling and employee advocacy
Resources & Links:
- Read about the evolution of employee advocacy.
- Implement your own employee advocacy program.
- Why employee advocacy should start on Linkedin.
- Learn the 4 C’s of social selling.
- Get my new ebook for yourself!
Check Out All of My Podcasts!
Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get my latest content by email as soon as I publish it.