This week I’m talking about Pinterest. A lot of B2B businesses I know think Pinterest isn’t for them, and I must say, until recently I wouldn’t have disagreed. But recently I was looking at my analytics and saw that Pinterest was the third highest social platform sending traffic to my website. After taking a deeper look into Pinterest’s own analytics, I’m talking about why this network is a good platform, how to make Pinterest work for you.
Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | RSS
In This Episode:
- New Pinterest analytics expose a lot about the users that are following you
- You have to know where to find your target audience
- We want to engage with brand advocates and potential customers on social media, but it’s also important to bring them back to your website
- The notion of using social media to generate traffic back to your website is an important one
- Once they get to your website, hopefully you’ll convert them
- You have to look at your analytics and see what efforts are worth the time and what ones aren’t
- Why I embark on a Facebook ad campaign on a regular basis
- Pinterest is performing third (after Facebook and Twitter) in my social networks that bring traffic back to Maximize Social Business
- We tend to believe Pinterest is 70-80% female and that business and marketing are not popular topics for content, right? So why is this happening?
- Daniel Maloney (Tailwind) (contributor on MSB)
- Why I use Tailwind to track my analytics on Pinterest
- Pinterest’s new analytics includes a tab called “Your Audience” that includes demographics and interest, countries, cities, gender, and language
- For B2B, Facebook can actually be great, and so can Pinterest
- 75% of my Pinterest audience is female, but think about it: female executives, maybe VPS of marketing, female business owners, decision makers
- The interests tab of the “Your Audience” is great; of my audience, social media marketing is interest number 5 and social media at number 12
- There are enough people on Pinterest that are interested in social media to generate traffic
- You can get great ideas for content based on what other interests your followers have
Resources & Links:
- Read about 6 social media productivity tips, and learn about the 23 tools that can help
- Learn 5 ways to drive website traffic from Pinterest
- Learn how to drive traffic from all of your social media
- Boost your website traffic with email and social
- How content curation can drive traffic
Check Out All of My Podcasts!
Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get my latest content by email as soon as I publish it.