This podcast was recorded at the Corporate Social Media Summit, where I moderated four different panels on social data, global social, social content creation, and social storytelling. In this episode, I chat with a speaker from the content creation panel, Saul Leal, the Director of the Family Share Network, a media group that owns Facebook pages, websites, and other social media accounts with many millions of fans. After chatting with him, I realized that content marketers need to take heed of the experience of publishers like the Family Share Network, who grew exclusively out of engagement in social media. In this podcast we discuss how to create engaging content, how to monetize social media content and drive traffic to a website, and why publishing is more of a dialogue now than a monologue as it used to be.
Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | RSS
In This Episode:
- The Family Share network has many millions of followers on social media attached to their brand through Passion Pages
- Passion Pages are pages like “I Love My Family” or “I Love My Wife”
- Over 800 million people know about the Family Share Network
- The Family Share network also has many webpages that are the repository of all the content they create
- It hasn’t been easy to monetize the business, but when they understand the passion of their consumers, they can drive native advertising or sponsored content on their sites and pages
- Website traffic generation is their main objective in all of their social media pages
- Someone succeeds on the Internet when someone is really good at one thing, understanding and owning the loyalty of an audience
- Publishers still think that publishing is a monologue, when it is a dialogue because of the instant feedback available through social media
- A lot of companies take the Editorial Calendar approach in social media, but Saul explains how they define the “special moments” in their audience’s lives that dictate the content that they produce and when they publish it
- How you can setup your own Passion Pages and drive traffic to your sites
- It’s all about understanding why certain content resonates with your audience
- The Queen of the content is alignment – aligning your content with your audience, making sure that the right influencers are sharing your content
- It all comes down to the passion!
Resources & Links:
- Check out these Top WordPress Plugins for social media sharing.
- Learn more about applications that will help you curate and share on social media.
- How to make your storytelling content into something worth sharing.
- Learn how to drive traffic from social media.
- Want to get started on Pinterest and join the Family Share Network there? Learn how to get started on Pinterest for Businesses.
Check Out All of My Podcasts!
Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get my latest content by email as soon as I publish it.