The Social Tools Summit was a couple of months ago now, but I am still sharing some great conversations I had around the event. Today I’m talking to Chad Abbott, the CEO of Abbson Live, the company that provided all of our live streaming for the Social Tools Summit. Listen in as I go a little deeper with Chad, discussing how and why live streaming video is an essential part of content marketing.
Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | RSS
In This Episode:
- Live streaming is not new: we used to use Ustream, then Google Hangouts
- Now we’re using Meerkat, Periscope, and Blab
- There’s an increased commonality in live streaming and you’re seeing it in more and more places with more and more brands
- Video, and especially live video, has the power to captivate an audience online the way a lot of forms of media do not
- There are so many options right now and they range in how easy they are to use, the quality of the video, etc.
- The good thing is that because there are so many options, it’s pretty easy to get started
- The brands that are successful with live streaming are the ones with a strategy
- Why starting with something like Meerkat or Periscope, where anyone can give it a try, isn’t a bad thing
- Meerkat and Periscope are good for behind the scenes, highly personal kinds of content, but not for things like live events
- One of the things Abbson does is help people figure out where to start, where to go, and how to leverage all of these different platforms for different purposes
- You have to understand video and live video as a part of a larger content marketing strategy
- How the first generation of video and the second generation are different
- People engage with live video so much longer than any kind of content
- Live video can really help you stand out
- How Abbson Live helps brands put together a cohesive strategy for video and live video
- The importance of having high quality video – people don’t like bad content!
- Whatever your content marketing strategy is, you can use video as a part of that strategy and increase your reach
- The difference between using live video as a B2B business or as a consumer facing brand
- It’s ok to jump in and try it! That’s what you have to do in order to get a sense of what works with your audience
- The value is in the higher engagement, the deeper relationship, the SEO benefits, etc.
- In video, you kind of let the consumer lead the conversation and see where it goes
Resources & Links:
- Listen to my previous interview with Chad about incorporating live video into your marketing strategy.
- Read more about live video options like Meerkat, Blab, and Periscope.
- Read more about why video may have been the hottest social trend in 2015.
- Learn how to leverage live streaming for content marketing.
- What makes video more social than other content?
Check Out All of My Podcasts!
Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get my latest content by email as soon as I publish it.